Monday 26 November 2007

Mixed-up couple of weeks...


with thanx to Chris for this graphic...

A couple of weeks ago i was feeling all christmasy and on top of everything and things started to fall nicely into place. But over the last two weeks "?" has been here most of the time as he has'nt been at all well in himself. He has been in a lot of pain which makes his depression even worse and hes been sitting up in the chair all night long rocking back and forth to try to ease the pain, he says the nights seem so long. The GP can't give him any stronger pain killers, because of the heart disease he has. "?" has never been one to let on that hes in pain or upset in any way in front of anyone, people have always seen him as a strong person with his head held high. He is feeling a lot better than he was and left Sunday and returned this morning as normal.

The last couple of weeks have been really mixed up and i hav'nt done many chores either, because i've been trying to keep quite around "?". I've just tided around and sat down watched TV and read my books and i've wrote all my christmas cards out, stamped and ready for posting.Today, i've been down in myself, but i did get some chores done and i've decided to do some christmas shopping tomorrow. I hav'nt got much to get really as my daughter has asked me to spend christmas day with her and "Z", so i am looking forward to that. She's not going to her friends now, her friend is coming to her for boxing day instead.

I phoned aunt "D" yesterday, she is ill with a chest infection and has been put on steroids. My cousins wife "M" who has got cancer in both lungs is to start chemo sometime before christmas, i don't know any more than that.

I had someone from the council round about my kitchen sink and they will be putting in a new one in before christmas.

I hav't got any more news, so i will leave it here and hope you all have a good week ahead of you. Best wishes to one and all...

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry ? has been so ill Astra,It does interfere with our usual routine when these things crop up.It's a shame ? cannot have more pain meds,and has to suffer so much.I am pleased to read you have been  asked out for Christmas to Daughters how wonderful,to be waited on for a change.I hope Aunt D soon feels better and M goes fine with her chemo poor girl.Your journal looks lovely and Christmasy as it always did.Well done I love to see a bit of the Christmas spirit around.Love Chris's graphic too,she makes some lovely ones I am an avid fan of her graphics.I shall write my cards etc this week before the first arrives.I always try to get them done for the first,but never do anything Christmasy until after the first.I have lots ready to do just that.Then it will be all go.You try rest now and do your own thing and have a little pleasure yourself.Enjoy your shop whatever you have to get,be it large or small.Catch you soon via E.Mail ok!! Prayers being said all your illnesses of family etc soon get much better.Good luck with the council and the re-vamp of your sink unit.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope "?" feels better soon.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that "?" has been unwell, Astra. Hope he recovers soon. Christmas is still a month away :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear ? hasnt been so well ,very well done !you getting your cards all done and ready for posting How is the knitting going ?I put a pic of my cardi on my journal did you see it ?  ..love Jan xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Please dont be down hun,if you need a chat or sound off,Im here,mwahh zoe xx