Thursday 16 August 2007

Days Outing's Pics and My Hospital Visit...


Pic's from day's outing's at Hainault Country Park...

Wednesday 15/8/07...

This morning "?" took me to get my shopping at Morrisons. They did'nt have hardly anything on the fruit and veg shelves or the bread shelves and bakery even the fridges were almost empty. So i did'nt get all what i went in for after all

I got s few light exercises done this morning while "?" went to rest for an hour before we went to pick "ST" up for the day. On the way home we stopped off at the heathway mall to buy a birhtday card for "ST" he will be 14 next Tuesday and one for "L" as she will be 32 on the 27th Aug.

"A" popped in with "J" this afternoon. "A" was chatting to "?" and "J" went online with "ST" to play a game on cartoon network while i got on with a couple of things i was doing in the kitchen. "A" and "J" did'nt stay long and left, "ST" decided to stay over.

Later, around 5pm my Hiatus Hernia started playing up and i was in a lot of pain which fluctuated back and forth from stomache to tummy area. I was really doubled upwith this painand felt so sick. "?" called an ambulance to take me to the hospital, but the paramedic was here about 5 mins and the pain eased off, so i declined going to hospital and the paramedic left. 

Pic's of Soutend-On-Sea...

"?" left at 6:30pm "ST" was at the computer and i was in the lounge. The phone rang and it was "SH", she asked me to look after "Z" for the night, i was feeling ok at this time. They arrived at 7pm. "SH" left, then "Z" and i watched a DVD Mr Beans Holiday while "ST" was online. My stomache was feeling niggly and uncomfortable.

Around 9:15pm The Hiatus Hernia pains started up strong once again, this time "ST" and "Z" were here. I tried to ring "SH" but could'nt reach her, so i rang "A" he said that "SH" was with him so they came round straight away. "SH" phoned for an ambulance so this time i did go to the hospital. "SH" stayed with the kids, "Z" was upset because i was in pain although she was trying to rub my back to help me...bless her!  I told "A" not to drive to the hospital as he had been drinking incase of accident or being pulled up by the police...ya know! so, he left the car at mine and walked home.

I got to the hospital about 10:15pm and was seen to fairly quickly, the pains got stronger while i was there and i was near to tears. I was given Gaviscon, but that did'nt help, i was given two tabs, i don't know what they were, that did'nt work, then i was sent for an x-ray and a little later i was given two small injections, i don't know what that was either, then the pains seemed to gradually subside and by 1am i was free from pain.

The Dr who was looking after me kept coming back to talk to me, like they do and asked about all the other health probs i have. I mentioned ACM once and he knew quite a lot about it which surprised me as when i've mentioned it before everyone including Drs looked at me as if i was cookoo or something. I must say, i was pleased to discuss this ACM with someone who knew what i was actually talking about about face to face and with interest.

Then the DR spoke to me about this Hernia, he had asked previously what i had eaten, i told him i've been having salads, no fats or sugary stuff ect... He also asked if anything is to be done about it as i've had too many flare-ups. I told him no-one is doing anything about it, only giving me my meds that i have now. He is writting to my GP to advise an opperation which he was telling me about that can be done and he is also prescribing stronger meds for me as well as the meds i'm on now Rabeprazole tabs.

I was released from the hospital at 2:30am this morning. I then called for a mini cab to take me home which cost £11.00.

Thursday 16/8/07...

This morning, i was up at 7:30am "Z" got up with me, "SH" was sleeping on the sofa, she woke up when i went in the room. She said, i've been freezing all night. "ST" gave me a blanket with holes in...lol, it was one of the ones i had made. I said to "SH" i think "ST" don't like you or something, because there's a warm one in the cupboard...lol

When "?" came in at 8:30am he took "SH" and "Z" to the heathway as they did'nt have far to walk from there or he would have had to go further afield to get to the other side of the heathway hill as the area is having work done as i've mentioned in a previous entry. Not only that area is upside down, the way we have to go now to get to the other side is Becontree station is also having work done at the same time, so its a complete nightmare getting to where "A or "SH" live at the moment. The Heathway will look like the piccy on my side bar once its finished.

This afternoon, i was at the kitchen sink and i could see stones falling down past the window. Well, i thought it was raining hail stones at first, but when i went out the garden and looked up at wall of the house,  there was a squirrel running up and down the wall and the pebble dash was coming off as it was scuttling along. I shouted out to "ST" to close all the windows upstairs incase it got in through the windows.

Well, that's all my exciting news. I hope your all keeping well and i wish you all a great weekend...Best wishes to one and all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!
Sorry to hear about your hernia acting up. {{ }} Hope they can get something done about that quickly!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of the children ,they look as though they are having lots of fun ,so sorry your hernia played up and you had to go to hospital ,but hopefully now you will get something done ,take care  my friend ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Astra your pictures are lovely ~can see the children are having a good time ~ Wonder why the shelves were so empty at Morrisons ~ that is unusual !!! ~  Hope they do something about your Hiatus Hernia soon ~ it must be awful to have it play up so often ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

My btother suffered from one of those.  He eventually had surgery himself.  Take care of yourself.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra,lovely pics you have here.I am sorry you have been ill.I hope you get it all sorted soon.I am busy at the moment visiting a cousin in hospital too.Phew it wears you out  all the travelling.Such a long way to go.So exuse me if my comments are late as I have to try catch up on them when I can.I am happy you still had a good outing and the kids are lovely bless them.Try not to do too much .Bye for now.Have a lovely week/end.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Blessings Astra!  My mother had that hernia and she burped like a trouper!  Nothing was done for her's except medication.  When she was in her seventies, she lost alot of weight and the hernia wasn't nearly as pronounced.  I hope tht the surgery will sort you out, sweetie.  It's amazing how something like a visit to the ER will bring on the help that you needed.  Why can't our GP's just get on with it!  
Hugs,
Susie