Sunday 27 April 2008

Latest Update On "A"

I think this is one of Sugars beautiful graphics, but i can't read the siggy...with thanx!

Thank-you so much for all your comments, it is much appreciated...I rang the hospital a few times during the night. At one point "A" had to have more meds to make him comfortable as he was in a lot of pain, the other couple of times i rang he was sleeping. This afternoon "?" and i went along to visit "A". When we got there his friend "E" was there, she was with him when "A" got stabbed (thats another story) The knife that was used was a long kitchen knife. The knife had just missed his right kidney, but damaged the vestles to the kidney. He had a cat scan yesterday and another this afternoon half hour before when we arrived it was 3:30pm. The scan is to make sure the blood clot had not moved as it could go to the heart or the brain. The left side of his face is battered and bruised and he has a small knife mark around his neck where one of the men tried to cut his throat.

"A" told us what had happened and why and names of the people who where involved, but i can't write about it here for obvious reasons. All i can tell you is it was'nt "A" who caused the trouble..."A" is lucky to be alive. I'm still worried about him because he's not out of danger yet.

Later, "SH" phoned "A" (he has a phone/TV/Radio next to his bed...all the mod-cons) to find out what the cat scan showed and when they are too opperate, this was around 6:30pm, but he had'nt heard anything yet.

Its the first time i've been in thewards of the new hospital, as i said before theres a phone/TV/Radio at the side of each bed. The TV costs £3.50p per day. For me to phone "A" it would cost me 20p per minute. I know its expensive, but to speak to someone you care about, i think it is worth it just to keep in touch and feel closer. I hav't used that phone yet, i have only phoned the ward phone.

Thats all the news i have at the moment, i will let you know of any more developments when i know more...Best Wishes to you all.

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Astra, will keep you all in thoughts this evening.

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you were able to see A ,it sets your mind at rest if you can see for yourself what is going on ,A is in the best place getting the best care ,I pray he continues to improve ,cant imagine you got much sleep last night ,hope you are able to tonight ,take good care of yourself ,and try to stay strong ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

OH! Astra I do hope A keeps on getting better each day and no complications set in.It must be such a worry for you all.Yes most of the hospitals here have the phones etc.Though tv is free.Theres one on the wall in every ward so each person in bed can see it.I don't know how they go for choosing who wants to watch what though I am sure.I think it would drive me barmy if they have it on all day long.I am not a TV fan much at all.I  like to be quiet.Only certain programs do I watch..Prayers A improves each day.Look after yourself .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hoping you have a good week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

"A" is in my prayers!  What a horrible experience!
Love,
Susie