Tuesday 1 April 2008

Kitchen and Bathroom

with thanx to chissie for this beatiful graphic...

"?" has finished tiling around my kitchen worktop and straightened a few other bits and pieces that needed doing. He has put my portable TV on the wall for me in the kitchen too so i can watch or listen too while cooking ect... My kitchen is small, but its looking real cosy now and i don't mind being in my kitchen now, before i hated it so much. I need to get some new blinds for my window and door and half curtains...cafe type! I am really pleased with how it has turned out...Trouble is now, i have got a problem on my wall at the side of my window and ceiling above my sink. The ceiling has got a damp patch and water is seeping through a crack in the wall, tis started to happen when we had a down poor of rain. I have told the council and they are sending a surveyor along next Thursday to look at it. "?" has worked really hard getting the walls painted and this happens! After "?" had left i then got on with a few chores mostly in the evenings.

"?" is going to have a rest before starting to paint my hallway and landing as he keeps coming over bad in himself. He told me he wants to get as much decorating done as possible, because he thinks hes in serious trouble health-wise mentally and physically. I think this is another reason hes keeping himself busy as well as the problem with "A" so he don't give himself time to think about things, he seems to be on the go all the time, like rushing. He seems to be on a high, then hes low again. This is a bipola symptom.

I told "?" to leave the work, but he says hes got to get things done. I think hes done too much already "?" has to see the GP tomorrow, i told him to tell him how hes feeling when he sees the DR.

"L", "ST" and "J" came round last Wednesday to speak to "A" when he rang. I sent "Z" atext message last night to let her know i was thinking of her, she will be pleased when she notices it...lol

Saturday after "?" took me shopping, we went to pick "ST" up for the day, later "L" came round with "J" to speak to "A" on the phone when he rang at 2pm. "L" told us he might be home sometime next week, i'm not sure about that myself, because they mess with your head in there and say all sorts of things to build their hopes up, then let them down. I've always told "A" don't expect anything, then you won't be disappointed.

I have come to terms with "A" situation, but i am worried for him when he goes to court 21/4/08. I don't know what this is for, because no-one tells me anything. I got a letter from "A" last week, but i will wait to see if he does come out this week, if not i will write to him.

A surveyor came round this afternoon ( nothing to do with my kitchen wall) its because the council will be putting in a new toilet and bath and he is sending someone round to look at my window frames, because the're not sealed and the're drafty. also, replacing the waste-pipe from the toilet, the outside thing that goes to the sewer and above the roof. He said the council have stopped installing new kitchens ( just as well "?" fitted my kitchen for me aye! ) the man said he don't know when the bathroom will be done, but he will let me know roughly when soon.

In 1982 i had people from the council come in and measure my kitchen to be fitted with units, but was told several times it has been put back and would be done the next year and so on, all this was said time and time again year after year, but nothing was ever done...( probably lined their own pockets aye! ) Like i said before, i'm happy with what i've got and in anycase what i've never had i won't miss!

Well, thats all for now. I hope you all have a good week, best wishes to you all...Be Happy!

  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are really having alot of movement in your life right now.  But you're coping well and I think your home is going to be just lovely when all of these renovations are completed.  I used to have a small tv in my kitchen too.  It was great to watch while cooking!
Love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the rest of your week.  Hope it's pain free too!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Your Kitchen sounds lovely ~ you have lots more things to be done I hope they get them all sorted for you soon ~ Hope "?" is feeling better ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

good grief you are having alot done to your house hun ! I bet you need to find a quiet spot somewhere to wind down eh? Pop over to my blog if you like and try some scream therapy,works for me,take care zoe xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

Try not to worry about A too much ,you cant do anything about it ,Your kitchen sounds lovely ,gosh you have been patient 1982,that is crazy ,hope they soon sort out all the other stuff and soon this time ....love Jan xx