Saturday 26 April 2008

This is the worst day of our lives...

with thanx to Donna for this lovely graphic...

This week has had its ups and downs again, more downs than ups. "?" has finished painting the hallway, only a couple of odds and ends still to do. "A" came by Monday afternoon to let us know that he has to appear in court again in  4 months time.

I went along to see my GP on Tuesday about a lump i had found and he refered me to hospital. In the afternoon i got a phone call from my Aunt "D" she told me my cousin "M" had passed away Monday night. I then started to think about my own situation which made me feel a bit anxious for a while, but i soon calmed myself down. I got my appoinment letter today for screening which is for next Friday 2/5/08 at King Georges Hospital.

Still no news of my replacement washing machine, i will have to give them ring about it on Monday.

The men  from the council came to fix the leaking pipe and they found another leak which they said they would report it for me, i think i will ring up about that too, to make sure its been reported. A surveyor was supposed to have come from the council the same day, but he never turned up...No change there wth the council.

I thought i would leave this to last as i was'nt sure whether to write about it or not, but i've got to lighten the weight and get it off my chest as i'm worried about what has happened to "A"... "L" phoned me this morning with disturbing news of "A" . 4 men had falsefully stopped his car and smashed all the windows in with baseball bats then dragged him from the car and beat him up stamped on his head and stabbed "A" in the back which just missed his kidney. This happened last night, he is in hospital. He had internal bleeding which the Drs had stopped ( something mentioned about clotting, not sure wht it means ) and he will be having a cat-scan and an opperation tomorrow. My daughter "SH" went to visit him this afternoon, she said hes in a bad way and sedated. I don't know what has led to this to have happened as yet, theres probably more to this than what we've been told. God, i do hope he will be alright. You hear about this kind of thing happening to other people, but when it happens to your own, it feels like your in a dream or something. What ever it is they were out to kill him. This happened in our area close to home. I was told the police had taken the 4 men to the police station from the scene of the incedent.

This is the worst day of our lives, i would rather "A" be back in prison than whats happened to him now. I don't know if "?" will be around for the day tomorrow, i know we will go to visit him if he is.

Best Wishes to you all...   

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandra I am so very sorry to hear this ,of course you want to get this off your chest ,and of course you are worried to death ,know that you are in my thoughts and prayers dear friend ,I am also sorry to hear about your lump ,gosh it never rains ,but it pours. I pray you can keep strong,with my love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You're certainly having a hellish day at it, Astra. I hope that "A" will recover from his injuries.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Astra, but I forgot to offer my condolences on the passing away of your cousin. I wish you and yours strength in times to come.

Anonymous said...

I do hope and pray that all works out for you,that A will be alright after this awful ordeal and that your lump is benign.And -so sorry for your loss of our cousin.
Thing have to start looking up for you
sincerely
connie

Anonymous said...

sending good thoughts and prayers.  
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

OH! Astra I am so sorry to read of all this upset you have had this week.First my condolances to you about your cousin.May pertual light shine upon them .As for the leaks and the washer it's very frustrationg enough for you,without all the other things on your plate..Finally I do hope and pray your son gets well.No matter what this has happened for people never know what is going to come to there door in this terrible world of today.I believe whatever wrong someone has done .There is no need for outside gang violance like this.It appauls me so much.Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.You know where I am should you need to e. mail about anything.Try not to worry ,I know it's so hard for others to say this,but it doesn't make things come right.I hope you and ? can rest and find stregnth to carry this through.My kids are my life and no matter what they did I should always stand by them through thick and thin.Maybe A is one who has to learn the hard way and will learn from his mistakes after this episode should he have done anything wrong I do not know?.Still if so it doesn't warrant this being done to him.Grrrrrrr.You look after yourselves and keep me updated.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thank-you so much for your welcoming comments, it means a great deal to me and my family...Astra!

Anonymous said...

Special thoughts and gentle hugs...
Linda...

Anonymous said...

Oh Astra! I'm so sorry. I have you in my prayers and sending you some good vibes as well.
Many, many hugs to you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello my name Is Pam and I stopped by to say I have you In my thoughts. I hope "A" gets better and these people get punished properly. I was sorry to hear about your cousin. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

You sure are having a terrible day!  That lump scares me to death, but lets up it's just a benign cyst.  I'll keep you and your son in my prayers until all of this is sorted.  Deep breaths, dear!
Love,
Susie