Wednesday 17 October 2007

Early Nights With A Book...

With thanx to missie for this beautiful graphic...

"?" seems a lot better and able to cope better too since he started back on his antidepressants Fluoxetine Monday last week, although he is still getting the pains he has been complaining about that i had mentioned before.

Last Wednesday "?" took me to get my weekly shop, later we went to pick "ST" up for a couple of hours. He was telling us about the work he is getting from the school untill he is allocated a tutor.

"?" and i had our flu jabs Thursday morning. When we got back "SH" came round, she wanted "?" to take her to get a part for her vacuum cleaner, but it turned out the cleaner was unrepairable and she has now she has to get a new one.

Friday was a quite day...Saturday "?" took me shopping, later "A" brought "ST" round for the day. "A" stayed and chatted to "?" for a while after "A" had left we had out dinner, then "ST" went online and "?" went out for the afternoon and returned later and left again at 5pm. "A" returned around 7:30pm to pick "ST" and i had a quite evening watching TV and later read a bit of my book.

Aunt "D" phoned one day last week. She was telling me that shes got problems with one of her kidneys and is waiting to hear when she is to have an opperation. She also told me that "M" is also waiting to go into hospital 2 November for the cancer she has in her lungs. I don't know what will be done, but it seems a long while that she has to wait. I would have thought it was an emergency??? I expect things would be done faster if she was a private patient.

Sunday i was busy getting my chores done. I can get on with things better when i'm on my own...Monday i did'nt do much at all really, just tidied around in the evening before watching TV and read a couple of chapters of my book.

Yesterday, "?" came in and out again...Today Wednesday, "?" took me shopping, later we picked "ST" up for a few hours. He is getting on ok with his home school work and is waiting for someone to come round from the education authorities, something to do with a tutor.

I went a long to the Dr surgery this morning as i had to see the Asthma nurse, so i thought! But, it turns out that my appointment is tomorrow...silly me...lol.

I've been reading quite a lot in the evenings instead of going online lately as the computer was starting to get on my nerves, i've also turned the TV off at times as that also got to me and just settled down with my book and a couple of early nights.

This weekend coming, i've got "Z" here for a couple of days. "SH" is going to a party that one of the family are having Saturday evening, so she asked me to look after "Z". "ST" will be here during the day, but hes not sure if he will stay here or go along to the party himself "A" and "L" and "J" are going too...Well, thats all my news for now and i hope your all keeping well and having a good week. Best wishes to you all...

 Astra!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading and early nights sounds wonderful.  Think I'm going to do some of that. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra it sounded strange reading the computer was getting on your nerves.I was so suprized to read that.I thought you loved the computer.They say a change is as good as a rest so maybe reading might make you feel a little better than being on the pooter .Happy to read ? is a little better.I hope Aunt D soon gets  sorted and M too.Shame when people are ill and have to wait for treatment.Too much of this in todays world.I have had the sicky bug for two days but still trying to laugh.You know me Astra.It's good to read ST is doing well with home schooling.I hope all goes well with the asthma nurse today Thursday.I am up commenting early hours once again.4am.carn't sleep grrrrrr.Please Take Care and I hope you enjoy your book.Is it Johns you are reading ? and are you still knitting? Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

The computer can be very annoying at times I feel the same some times and just go away from it it is playing up. I too have been reading a lot. What do you read? I stared a book journal giving a short revue about what I am reading, pop in and see what you think.  Will leave the link for you.  Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/joans-musings-book-journal./

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean ,I get times when Im fed up with my PC too ,I read alot too ,and knit now and again !What sort of books do you read ? I am currently enjoying books by Sue Grafton and Val Mc Dermid ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sometimes some time away from the computer does you good ~ glad "?" seems a lot better hope the pain he has soon gets better ~ Hope Aunt "D" and "M" get on well with their hospital appointments ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Be patient with "?" with his new medication.  I took that for three months when I was going through my divorce and couldn't stop crying.  It took about six weeks for the full effect of the stuff to really take hold.  The change was very gradual.
Love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

why do people have to wait for cancer surgery? Is it the dark ages or something? Im lost with it all honestly,love zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/