Monday 1 October 2007

Early Nights...


I can't remeber where i got this lovely graphic from...

I can't believe its October already the months have just flown by. This last week i hav'nt been up to going online much, because i've had a lot to think about and its been all doom and gloom. Tuesday evening i phoned aunt "D" to see how she is and how my cousins wife "M" is. Aunt "D" told me that shes still waiting for news of her treatment for skin cancer at the hospital. I asked about "M" she said the hospital told her that the cancer has returned and she has got it in both lungs. I could'nt talk to aunt "D" for long after she had told me this as i felt so choked up at this terrible news, "M" must be deverstated poor love. I do hope there is something that can be done for her may be able to save one lung if not both.

"ST" came round on Wednesday for a couple of hours and we all had a quite day together. "ST" was writting and went online to look things up. I ordered a couple of things from my catologue. We took "ST" home later and  when we got home "?" left. I've had "M" on my mind all day. Thursday was a quite day really, "?" went out in the afternoon then returned for an hour later then left. I did'nt do anything all day i got a few chores done in the evening before i settled to watch TV. I can't help thinking about "M" Friday i went along to see my GP and got my new medication that the Neurologist prescribed for me Venlafaxine which is an antidepressant and on a lower dose acts as a strong pain killer. I've been taking them for a few days now and they seem to be helping. I'm sleeping better without pain and tossing and turning all night long. I'm still getting pain in my right foot and hands, but not so severe as before and i've been having a few early nights.

"ST" was here on Saturday and we all chatted for a while, "?" went out for the afternoon, he still has'nt taken his Fluoxetine tabs, he is doing well without them, although he does say his head feel touchy at times. When "?" returned later we took "ST"home then we came back and "?" left soon after and i had a quite evening watching TV and an early night.

Sunday I got up really late for me 9:20am. I must not do that again, that is lazy. I got a few chores done today then settled to watch TV after dinner i went online for a while then closed down. "?" came in around 5:15pm for an hour then left. I watched some TV then settled down for the night.

Today... Has been a quite day, i hav'nt done much really just done the dinner and tided away the dishes ect... "?" watched a cowboy film and the horse racing on the TV in the lounge and i went to my room to watch my TV and fell asleep, i think it must be my new meds thats making me feel tired. I wish something nice will happen all i'm getting is bad news from everywhere, includeing my own family. I'm going to have another early night, so i will leave it here and hope you all have good week a head of you. Best Wishes to you all...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh! derar Astra it never rains with out it pours does it.I will say preayers things brighten for you more.My neighbour next door has just died tonight of a brain heamorage.Another neighbour has just knocked and rtold you know who whilst I was in the bath. I have been realy tired too all week I do not seem to be able to shake my Motherhen feathers at all.Though I have started to do a little painting int he kitchen today.I stripped some paper off th eothe night but my arms ached so I have left it for th eMan about the house Haa.I am so sorry to read of all the illness around you.You need a good holiday.Look after yourself anyway and I will stay in touch.You know where I am if you need to write E. Mail  at all.or chat for a while.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Poor Astra,you do seem to be getting it at the moment I hope  they are able to help M ,I wouldnt feel guilty for having a lie in sometimes ,it must have done you good ,my tablets make me sleepy ,so I take a nap,most days ! Take care ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I don't believe it's Oct. already either. In IL. the weather has been 80. I'll pray for your Aunt D.

Anonymous said...

I know it eems unbelievable that it is October. Did we have a summer in England this year? I have my heating on and the nights ar drawing in. So sad you keep mhaving bad news. Keep your chin up and keep on smiling. Love Conniexx

Anonymous said...

Astra, I am so sorry to learn that your family is in such a bad way right now.  I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.
Love,
Susie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/susanebunn/ItAllStartsAfter50/

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra

Sorry to hear your family are going through a bad time at the moment. Keep your chin up and keep smiling, things have a way of turning around if you stay positive and believe in being positive. God bless.

Amanda

http://journals aol.com/amanda and the gang