Sunday 15 April 2007

Grand National and Birthday News...

Friday 13/4/07.

This morning "?" came in early about 8:30am. After i got a couple of things done indoors that needed doing i made a few phone calls that took up most of the morning ( waiting mostly to talk to someone ) Then i wrote a couple of letters and got them posted.

After posting the letters "?" took me to the shop where we bumped into my sister-in-law "C" we stopped to talk to her for  a while as we had'nt seen her for a year ( "C" is "?" youngest sister ) she has'nt changed one bit, shes still scatty as ever...lol. ( in a nice way )

When we came home "?" and i had dinner then "?" left and i settled to watch some TV and knit one of my borders for my cardi.

When "?" returned about 7pm. we went to pick "ST" up as he was staying over, because we all are going into Barking Saturday morning early. I will spend the money "?" gave me for my birthday and "ST" wanted to spend some of the money he had saved.

"?" left about 8:30pm, "ST" went to his room to play his X-Box and i settled to watch TV in the lounge, then i decided to go and watch watch "Independance Day" in bed.

Saturday 14/4/07.

This morning when "?" came in at 7:45am. We left "ST" in bed and "?" took me to the shop to get a few bits for the weekend, we got there as the doors were opening. When we returned i shouted up to "ST" to get ready as we were leaving for Barking at 9am.

We all went to the cafe for our breakfast, then went shopping for our goods. I bought...shoes, earpnones for my computer and a DVD "Night at the Museum" and "ST" bought 2 games for his X-Box out of the money he had saved himself. We arrived home at 11:30am.

Then a little later we left "ST" at home while we went to place our bets for The Grand National. I had Jacks High which fell at the second fence, "?" horse fell at the first fence don't know what the name is though and "ST" horse came 9th, i think it was favourite. Then i went along to pick up a prescription and put our lottery on, i had no luck there either "?" won £10.

When we got home, i got dinner on. After dinner, "ST" went off to play his new games, "?" watched the horse racing and i went to watch my new DVD film, when that ended i was in time to watch The Grand National. A little later we took "ST" home and i settled to watch TV for the night.

As for my cardi, i'm having probs with lining up the buttons. You would think it would be easy would'nt you. No not for me, i'm useless at lining things up. I will do it tomorrow as that bit is doing my head in.

Sunday 15/4/07.

Well, i did'nt go out today after all. Last Thursday was my day out instead. But, i did have a nice quite day on my own doing my own thing. I got a couple of light chores done, had my dinner and spent sometime online trying to suss out U TUBE as i could'nt add it to "Astras Space".

I have started to add a couple of short vids using U TUBE on to my space, but i hav'nt posted them as yet i hav'nt finished what i was doing.When they are posted i will let you know. They are only short and experimental really, nothing special.

I have added some pics of my birthday cards and the pressies i got with the money "?" had given me which i still have some money left over and a pressie from my daughter "SH" and "Z".

Well, thats it for now, i am off now to watch the rest of the film on TV "Superstorm"....you will find Astras Space on my side bar. As most of you know i still can't add graphics to this journal. Best Wishes to one and all.

Astra!

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery happy Belated Birthday dear ,I left a message on Kath Astoriasands journal did you see it ? I am pleased you had a nice few days ,try sewing the bottom button on do it up then you can see where the next one should go ,best of luck ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Astra,
The National is such a complete gamble. It was a surprise that as many as 16 horses finished.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

HB belated!!! I left you a BD wish on Kaths journal a couple days ago when she announced your upcoming BD.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Astra!! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sweet Astra, may you have a wonderful new year of life full of joy, new adventures and great health!  Happy Birthday!

Love,
Susie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/susanebunn/ItAllStartsAfter50/