Thursday 12 April 2007

Southend-On-Sea

Wednesday 11/4/07.

"?" came in about 9am. We had a cuppa and a rest before the kids arrived. "A" brought "ST" and "J" round at 9:30am. Once "A" had left at 10:30am, we gathered our belongings and off we set for Southend-On-Sea.

The drive there was pleasant and no traffic jams along the way. We arrived at 11:15am and easily found a place to park along the sea front.

We made our way along to Peter Pans Adventure park. Where the kids enjoyed  the rides and amusements and i took a couple of pics. "?" and i rested while the kids were on the rides.

A little later we all went get some chips and our drinks, then we went to the amusement arcades where the slot machines were and spent all the change i had saved since christmas.

When we came out of the arcades we went along the promenade to buy our ice-creams and sat on the wall over looking the beach and sea and taking in the fresh air. The weather was'nt to bad, it was sunny and warm.

After the kids had their ice-creams they wandered along the beach collecting shells and pebbles, while "?" and i walked along towards where the car was parked and we met the kids at the end of the beach where the steps were near the car.

We left Southend at 2:45pm. to once again to miss the traffic on the way home. We arrived home at 3:45pm.

The kids went off to play on the X-Box and the computer, while "?" and i had a cuppa and a rest as we were aching so much, even though we had plenty of stops to rest . "?" watched horse racing and i went to watch Rosemary and Thyme in my room.

We took "ST" and "J" home at 5pm. then came home. "?" left at 6:15pm. and i settled down to rest for a bit and watch TV. Then i decided to go online to write in my journal Astras Space and post some pics that i had taken today. you will find Astras Space on my side bar.

Today has been really lovely, the kids were good and we were all tired and "J" slept all the way home and "?" and myself had aches and pains, but we coped. we found everything was rather expensive.

Thursday 12/4/07.

I had a bad night and could'nt sleep with the aches and pains. This morning was worse still and i could hardly move with the pain. So, i got a hot water bottle and held it on the areas that was giving me pain to try to ease it and took pain killers. I did'nt do anything today.

This afternoon i felt better, so i finished off stitching my cardi together and knitted the neck band and started on the first front border this evening. I will leave the rest untill tomorrow now.

Well thats all for now, so Best Wishes to you all...

Astra!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have been in so much pain Sandra ,I hope it has eased off now ,take care ,and dont forget the picture of your cardi when its done ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra just floating round the board again LOL.I am happy you had a lovely day out,but thats the trouble it's the times after we suffer don't we.I felt like this remmeber when I had grandson Joseph to stay.I hope you soon feel better and we still think we can do it all.Its' our minds that will but our bodies will not take it.I hope you soon finish you cardy.I popped over to see the pictures on your my space but still I couldn't leave a comment,but I was happy to see them.They are great well done.The kids look to have realy enjoyed themselves.Things are expensive today.I will keep checking to see if you get the video in.Knowing you I know you will fathom it all out.lol!!They charge far too much for childrens rides and everything else today,it costs a fortune .Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((Astra)))))))))))))))  I hope your aches and pains have subsided by now.  You must be so uncomfortable!  I just love Sounthend-on-Sea.  The pier is the best!  I'm so glad you had a day out to relax before feeling so badly.  The pollen count is sky high, but I don't think that's what's wrong with you, do you?

Love,
Susie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/susanebunn/ItAllStartsAfter50/

Anonymous said...

The next time you decide to go...let me know becuase I want to go with you!!! :o) It sounds like such a fun and great place to go! It really does! I can't think of any place like that here. Well, I don't live anywhere near the ocean either. :o) I do hope that you feel better as well.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better today ~ maybe that sea air did you some good ~ sounds like the children had a good time ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra.  Sounds like a great time at the amusement park!  And I hope you are feeling better today!  Have a nice weekend!  Shelly