Monday 2 April 2007

Knit Wit...lol.

Sunday 1/4/07.

The day started off ok! About 10.30am. "?" came in for an hour and left. Then "ST" got up and i gave him his breakfast. I had Capitol Gold on-on the radio and was singing along with the songs while i got the dinner on the go and got some chores done while dinner was cooking and  "ST" went to my room on the computer after he had his breakfast.

Then i started getting niggly chest pains again. It was nearly time to dish the dinner up. The pains were getting stronger, but i got the dinner done and gave "ST" his dinner and put mine in the oven and left everything as it was (in a state) and went to my bedroom. "ST" did'nt know i was feeling bad at this stage.

It was deffinatley Hiatus Hernia and again i had'nt had anything to eat to have caused this, so it must be that i had over done it again...will i ever learn??? I called out to "ST" to get me a hot water bottle and the bucket as i felt so sick. This lasted for a couple of hours again the same as the other day. I watched some TV to try to take my mind off what was happening.

It was a dull uneasy pain ( niggly ) which eases and grows stronger and radiates from throat, to chest, to stomache and back to chest and so on, untill it subsides. It can start quickly and stops just as quickly.

Once the pains had stopped i then went to clear up the mess i had left in the kitchen, but i was careful not to over do anything. Then i rested and watched TV and done some knitting a little later. Later around 5pm. i had my dinner that i left in the oven.

About 5.30pm. "?" came in and we took "ST" home, we came home and "?" stayed for a short while and left. I did'nt tell him about the lovely day i had...lol. Later i went online for half hour then closed down to watch Bourne Identity on TV.

Monday 2/4/07.

This morning "?"and i were going to take the three grandchildren out for a couple of hours, but they were unable to go today, so we will take them out another day now, which was a shame as the weather has been really lovely today...still never mind!

I'm getting on well with my cardi, actually its called a lumber, but i call it a cardi. I've finished the back and two fronts. Now i'm half way up the first sleeve. It is worked in a cable stitch detail. Do you know, i had'nt done any knitting for such a long time and i did'nt realise how much i had missed knitting. I feel as though i've come alive again and i think will do something else when i've finished this one. It has taken me a long time to make this one, because i am a large size...

Well, i'm off now to try and catch up on the journals and comment as i hav'nt been online much lately. I hope you all have a good week...Best wishes to one and all.

Astra!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit of knitting is good company lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had such trouble with hiatus hernia. Very uncomfortable. Glad you got over it. Have a nice week, Astra.

Anonymous said...

I have hiatus hernia too and it is certainly influenced by what you eat and when you eat. I have to keep off all fried food an spicey food too. I am afraid I still eat curry but not that often anymore. It is very painful and does make me feel sick. The bug I had recently really kicked it off badly. Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra, my mum had a hianal hernia, that I think is the same thing.  She was miserable with it and so I know what you are going through.  It takes all the fun out of life with that pesky thing paining you while your trying to get on with it!  Glad it subsided though!  

Love,
Susie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/susanebunn/ItAllStartsAfter50/

Anonymous said...

Oh! Dear Astra sorry you havn't felt too good with that illness of yours.Can you tell me does the stomach swell,with this complaint, as I seem to often feel like this.No feeling sick though.But at the same time get realy bloated.The only part I like about it when it does come on, is that I feel pregnant again ROFLMAO.Brings back great memories Haaaaaaaaa.It's driving me mad though the bloating..No faith in the Doc here,after last yrs diagnosis and giving me the wrong medication and cream for the sore toe I had.The hospital went balistic.All other practices are full up so what does one do.I am happy you managed to feel better and continue your knitting,sometimes when one is concentrating on other things we tend to forget our aches and pains I feel.Our Grandchildren do not break up until this Thursday T/Time, so I will be going over to visit hopefully maybe Monday of next week I am unsure as yet.and might stop a couple of days there.I'll see how I feel.I have had a phone call asking me.Ah well must crack on with some domestic engineering now LOL.Catch you soon hopefully.If Not Have a fantatic Easter and I hope you get a nice big Chucky egg.If knowone buys me one I'll buy my own Haaaaaaaaaaa.Take Care Miss Ya Laughs.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Astra....Oh my! That sounds scary to me. I'm glad to know that you had (ST) there to help you.
Lisa