Thursday 17 May 2007

Knitting,Crochet and Macrame...

cable stitch...

Above is a cable stitch pattern this one is not made by me. Although i have been able to knit and crochet for many years i know that there are many more techniques to be learnt.

crochet shell pattern...

I found this pattern to show you, this one is not made by me, although i have done this pattern before. I find both these hobbies very rewarding while doing them and the end product is so very satisfying. I think its such a shame that these arts are dying out and wish more people would learn to do them.

I always use cheaper equivelent wools or cottons to that stated in some of the patterns as it can be so expensive.The equivelent wools are just as good.

If your a tight knitter or crocheter like i am use one size larger needle and if your a loose knitter or crocheter, use one size smaller needle.

Macrame

This is a choker ( to be worn around the neck) made of knots....

I did'nt make these, i found them to show you what i meant...I have always wanted to learn macrame. This is made from knots, i tried a couple of times the only thing was, i was the one getting into knots...lol.

below is a wall hanging made from knots...

 Astra!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not knitted in forever and I forget how to macrame....
Enjoy!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Testing again?

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra Sorry I did the testiing one LOL!! but I wasn't going to write lots and be told aol journals not available once more.These are lovely pictures and very familiar,from when I used to watch my mother do them.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http:///journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Like you I have done all these things ,even macrame',I sew and embroider too ,patch work quilting and now candlewicking ,Ido agree it is a shame the youngsters arent as interested ,as you say there is so much pleasure in seeing the finished article ,that you have created ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I can not knit, crochet or macrame.  My Aunt is so good at all of these, and she's tried showing me so many times, but I just can't get the hang of it.  Thank goodness my family doesn't have to rely on me for hats, scarves and sweaters. LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how to knit like you can! :o) One day I will learn! Thank you for sharing the pictures. ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Astra :-)