Sunday 6 May 2007

Visit to GP


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

with thanx to Donna for this graphic...

Friday 4/5/07...This afternoon "?" took me to see my GP about the pressure headaches i'm receiving and other symptoms that are getting worse. I put everything down on paper and showed him incase i forgot, which i do quite often. We then had a lengthy chat and a lengthy examination. He told me to go and have a blood test straight away once i left the surgery, which i did. He said he is refering me back to the neurologist once he gets the result next week. I have already had an MRI which showed Arnold Chiari Malformation last June 2006. I don't know how long i will have to wait for the appointment though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After the examination, my head and neck were giving me a lot of pain which lasted most of the day, so i did'nt do much during the day at all, just rested and watched TV and in the evening i went online for a while and looked in on the chiari group. Do you know when i first heard of chiari people, i thought it was another race of people in a far off country that i had'nt heard of before...lol...silly me! still we live and learn every day don't we. I have written about chiari in and all my symptoms. I have added the link to my health Journal at the end of this entry

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday 5/5/07...When "?" came in he took me to get my shopping in for the weekend, then we went to pick "ST" up for the day. On the way home we stopped off at the shops and i bought some wool to make myself another cardi. The colour is a beige-blonde colour and the same patern. I had thrown away all my other paterns a couple of years ago, because i had no intention of knitting any more, but i've got the bug again. I will have to get some more paterns again. yesterday, i just could'nt stand there looking through patern books.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"?" took "ST" home around 4:30pm as "A" and "L" were taking the kids to the bowling alley. Once "?" left i went online, but the pages kept freezing and i could'nt get into my emails.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday 6/5/07...This morning "?" came in then left and i got on with a few thing indoors then made an apple pie for this evening.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Later this afternoon i went online for a couple of hours, then i watched TV and got on with some knitting untill "?" came in then we had our tea then "?" left again around 6:30pm and i came online.  

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, thats all for now, i'm off to watch some TV and get on with some knitting. I hope your all having a great weekend...Best Wishes to one and all.

http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/Astras-Health-Probs-Journal/
 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Astra,  I`ve just looked up the condition and I must admit I`d not heard of it either. I hope you get an appointment very soon so that you can get some help for those headaches, they must be really getting you down to say the least.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Astra I have just been over to your health journal and left a comment.I hope the results of the blood test are good.It's awful is dizziness I get vertigo plenty and bad heads.So I know the feeling.OH! so you have the knitting fever have you LOL!! Well don't do too much at once or that might set the headaches off more.Loved the last cardy you knitted you are too clever thats your problem.All these things you sort on the pooter knitting baking etc .Rest up a little .Only jokeing  Astra you know me I love a laugh.Take Care God Bless Have  a nice evening.Kath
Astoriasand http;//journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hello Astra.  My son is having a Chiari flare up the last few days.  The weather here doesn't help the pressure headaches.  Have a good one.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Your like me if I have a pattern I like  I use  it again ,they can be quite expnsive too ,hope your headaches get easier and the appt soon comes through ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you find the problem & get it taken care of, will say a prayer for you.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Astra I hope you don't have to wait too long for that appointment ~ good idea to write everything down so you don't forget the things you want to tell your Doctor ~ nice to know you have taken up knitting again hope you find some nice pattern Books ~ hope you are enjoying this May Bank Holiday ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Oh Astra! I would have thought it would have been another race of people too! :o) I'm going to look that up. I hope everything comes back alright. I do worry you know. It's a good idea to write everything down...I have to do the samething. :o) For everything. :o) Hugs to you Astra. xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a restful week and Happy Knitting!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Astra, I'll look this up to see what it is.  I've never heard of it either.  It must be rare, huh?  I hope you can get some results quickly so you can stop being in pain.

Love,
susie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/susanebunn/ItAllStartsAfter50/

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well with your health issues my friend