Friday 25 May 2007

Mixed Issues...


with thanx to missie for this sweet graphic...

 27/5/07... Yesterday, "?" dropped me off at the clinic to have my glucose blood test done. It was really crowded there and it was an hour before i was seen to. I don't normally go in the mornings if i have to go there at all, i usually go around 3pm when its quite. It will be a week before i get the results.

I've been looking in the council house mutual exchanges, but i can't see anything suitable for me in my area. I've got a 3-bed house and i want to down size to a 2-bed corner house. I did'nt think it would be so hard to find a smaller house.

 24/5/07... I weighed myself today and found i had gained the 1 stone that i took off before christmas plus an extra 2lbs...I'm not happy!!! At the moment i'm fighting with my diet and hope to start properly after i have got over this week and i think i will start recording my diet in my health journal, as i found that keeping a diet journal did help me to lose the weight that i did lose before, the problem was christmas got in the way with too many goodies on offer...tut!!!

This afternoon i was showing "?" how to use the computer as he wanted to look a few things up. I said he should get himself a laptop, he did say he is thinking about getting one. He asked me, how do i keep myself from being bored, i said, well...i've got my computer that keeps my mind occupied, watching TV, read, knit plus theres always some kind of chores to be done and they are never ending. "?" has got no hobbies at all. He watches the  horse racing on TV or gambles on the horses and greyhounds and smokes. In my eyes all that is stressfull and depressing.

 25/5/07... Last night, i went online for a short while, then i put my computer on a virus scan because, i had opened an email that looked odd and gibberish, so just incase i scaned my computer, but it was ok! Then i settled to watch a DVD film that i had bought a while back "Night at the Museum".

This morning i made two appoinments for the Drs. One for "?" and one for myself in two weeks time.

My sandles that i ordered last Sunday arrived today, they fit perfectly and i am really pleased with them.

I've found another house exchange website and have been looking through the exchanges, i've only looked at a few, i've still to look through the rest of them yet. To be honest, i would like to move out of my area, but not to far from my family, but where too???

Well i'm going to close down in a while and watch TV. "ST" will be here tomorrow, not sure if he's staying over yet though! Anyway, i hope you all have a great weekend and i hope you all are keeping well too...Best Wishes to you all...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the results are good ,its amazing how weight creeps on when you arent looking,good luck with that too ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weightloss journey, Astra.

Anonymous said...

Night at the Museum was really good! that reminds me we need to buy the DVD...
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I just bought that dvd and hadn't got that chance to watch it yet...my son took it! LOL I haven't seen it since! :o) I do hope you find a place that you're looking for. And good luck, I know how hard it is to find one here. Good luck on your weight loss as well hon! ;o)
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Astra I hope everything goes well with your glucose blood test ~ I don't think I would go there again in the mornings if it is going to be that busy ~ sounds much nicer in the afternoons ~ My Sister works at City Hall in Norwich and they have a list of people wanting to exchange their houses ~ perhaps yours do as well ~ hope you find what you are looking for ~ Good luck with your diet ~ glad the sandals arrived safely and you are pleased with them ~ Hope you have a good weekend ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Astra, I'm unfamiliar with the house exchange program that you are discussing here, but I would presume that you want to trade houses so you can have a smaller one.  Don't lose heart.  There's one out there for you.  It just may not be the right time yet.  Keep looking!
Susie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/susanebunn/ItAllStartsAfter50/